Greenwood Place, LLC created a vibrant urban enclave and unique Live/work retail presence in northwest Seattle that will both support and catalyze future developments along the Greenwood Avenue corridor linking the iconic neighborhoods of Phinney Ridge, Ballard and Freemont to points north in Snohomish County.
The following were our primary development objectives:
- Reinforce the mixed use pattern developing along the Greenwood Avenue North corridor and capitalize on well serviced public transit providing easy access to nearby regional destinations.
- Reinforce the lively and diverse character of the existing small scale retail patterns currently transitioning from auto oriented services to pedestrian/bicycle oriented activities.
- Create a “bookend” neighborhood commercial presence supporting its location as a gateway portal to and from Seattle.
- Provide on-site parking in excess of the minimum parking requirement for the convenience of its residents.
- Create a “mini-community” of urban oriented, forward leaning residents looking for easy access to all of North Seattle’s major destinations.
- Provide streamlined modern dwellings designed for contemporary urban lifestyles.
The overall building form is designed to reinforce the importance of the Greenwood Avenue North circulation corridor. Modern materials in bold colors set the tone for urban lifestyles. Large windows, a monumental entry stair, extensive landscape planters, covered entries and striking metal deck rails are intended to contribute to a vital street presence.